어제 실리콘밸리 Bay Area K Group을 대상으로 세미나를 했는데, 세미나를 준비하는 과정에서 찾은 자료들을 공유하면 도움이 될 것 같아 여기에 정리합니다.
먼저, 발표 슬라이드를 보려면 아래를 클릭.
1. Feature Phones vs. Smart Phones
2. Smart Phone OS Market Share & Trend
3. Mobile Application Store 분석
2010년 3월, 안드로이드 마켓에 30,000개 애플리케이션 등록: http://www.fiercemobilecontent.com/story/android-market-doubles-30-000-apps-three-months/2010-03-17?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal
앱스토어별 애플리케이션 갯수: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-number-of-apps-available-at-smartphones-apps-stores-2010-3?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SAI_COTD_031910
글로벌 앱스토어 시장 전망: http://www.mobizen.pe.kr/926
4. Industry Ecosystem의 변화
Here is a developer who wants to make money by writing apps. He soon realizes that it is a serious business. He has to quit his job and spend $$$ to hire designers and QA engineers.
Finally, he creates an app, then uploads it to one of the web-based sites. No download = no money. So he approaches the operator (AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon). Operator never responds. Frustrated, he begs for help. The developer realizes that he needs to port the application to 600+ different devices and test all of them on the phones. It costs twice for porting. Operator sends the company to the publisher or the aggregator (traditional entertainment industry). Aggregator is extremely arrogant and inefficient. Developer needs to sign on the contracts with the aggregator. Aggregator collects 10% fee from the app revenue. As the game becomes more popular, the developer approaches operators and tries to win the direct contract. He needs to feed the people at the carrier.
Piracy is an issue too.
Here is a developer. He comes up with an idea and uses his spare time to create an application. Default UI controls are beautiful and the application framework is very good. All he needs is a laptop, an iPod Touch, and $99/year to enroll in the iPhone developer program. He creates the app and uploads it to the application store. After two weeks, he sees his application on the app store and starts to get immediate feedback from people. He updates the software and continuously improves the quality. Now the app is the third most downloaded. Piracy is not an issue any more (iTunes FairPlay DRM).
5. Application Case Study 1 – 모바일과 Desktop, 유저 인터페이스가 어떻게 다른가?
6. iPhone vs iPad 유저 인터페이스 비교
이미지 출처: Google 이미지 검색, http://estima.wordpress.com
Wall Street Journal
New York Times
6. 성공한 모바일 어플리케이션, 돈을 얼마나 벌 수 있나? – Tapulous
#1 most popular game for iPhone & iPod touch for 2008
#3 most popular app overall for the US (since #2, the amazing Pandora app, is only available in the US, we have a strong feeling that Tap Tap Revenge is the #2 most popular app on the App Store worldwide, after only Facebook)
5 million unique installs on Tap Tap Revenge! (that doesn’t double-count when a user upgrades TTR)
100,000 paying customers
100 million app downloads in 90 days
7. Application Case Study 2 – 모바일에 특화된 application들
CNN 뉴스 동영상
현재 사용자 수: 450,000 (Mar 2, 2010) (http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/02/foursquare-vegas/)
직원 수는 10명이지만 투자자들이 평가한 회사 가치는 $80 million (100억 이상) (http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/25/four-vc-firms-battle-for-foursquare-valuation-goes-stratospheric/)
2) Barcode Scanner
2009년 12월, 75만 건 다운로드 (http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/12/15/bar-code-scanning-redlaser-iphone-app-reaches-750k-downloads-over-1m-in-revenue/)
한국인 정세주씨가 창업한 WorkSmartLabs 에서 개발. Android app store에서 health 분야 1위.
8. 스마트폰, 피쳐폰 관련 각종 통계 [출처]
- In the Asia Pacific region, smartphones have 6% market share and feature phones have 28% market share. In Western Europe & North America, smartphones have 20% market share and feature phones have 68% and 64% market share respectively. (source).
- Smartphone ownership in the United States has grown from 15% of US consumers in October 2006 to 42% in December 2009. (source).
- The average smartphone user generates 10 times the amount of traffic generated by the average non-smartphone user. (source).
- iPhones, in particular, can generate as much traffic as 30 basic feature phones. (source).
- 35% of smartphone owners browse the mobile Internet at least daily versus only 4% of featurephone owners. (source).
- 61% of smartphone owners send or receive SMS daily versus 32% of featurephone owners. (source).
- 30.8% of smartphone users have accessed social networks using their mobile browser compared to 6.8%of feature phone users (source).
- 80% of smartphone users have accessed Mobile Media on their mobile device vs. 26% of non-smartphone users. (source).
- 70% of smartphone users have accessed Email on their mobile device vs. 12% of non-smartphone users. (source).
- 65% of smartphone users have accessed News/Info on their mobile device vs. 14% of non-smartphone users. (source).
- 37% of smartphone users have accessed Instant Messaging on their mobile device vs. 10% of non-smartphone users. (source).
- Data traffic for an iPhone operator is almost 14 times that of a non-iPhone operator. (source).
Gartner Says Worldwide Mobile Phone Sales to End Users Grew 8 Per Cent in Fourth Quarter 2009; Market Remained Flat in 2009.
9. iPhone 게임의 성장
In 2009, $500 million worth of games were sold through the App Store in the U.S., up from $115 million in 2008, reports Flurry Analytics.
Apple’s mobile gaming platform is huge compared to its rivals. During its iPhone OS 4 presentation Scott Forstall, SVP iPhone software, flashed this slide.
10. 어떤 종류의 application을 만드는 회사들이 있나?
Look At All The Companies Starting-Up Just To Build iPhone Apps
11. 무선 데이터 트래픽 전망
12. 개발자들의 선호하는 플랫폼
13. BlackBerry vs. iPhone 인포그래픽
14. Internet Trends by Morgan Stanley (Mary Meeker, 4/12/2010)
15. Smartphone Now